Robbie Williams The Heavy Entertainment Show Review

00:00

Image result for robbie williams the heavy entertainment show

I have adored and loved Robbie Williams ever since I was a kid. His voice takes me back to a lot of happy times, especially when I saw him live in 2012. But his newest album, The Heavy Entertainment Show, is a far cry from his 2012 number one album Take The Crown which is up there as one of my favourite albums of all time. I'd say it fits hand in hand with Escapology when it comes to combination of tracks.

Robbie's twelfth studio album is one that I am not so sure about. Whilst there are some tracks on there that I love, such as Motherfucker and Mixed Signals, the rest of the album is a bit, well, crap. It's a confusing mix of tracks like Sensitive, which seems to be heavily influenced by Olly Murs' Kiss Me, and Pretty Woman, a track which I immediately skip when it comes up on shuffle. There's also a lot more backing vocals on this album and some features, such as Rufus Wainwright who features on Hotel Crazy. It just seems like Robbie is trying to go in a direction he's really not meant to. 

But it's not all bad. As I said, I love quite a few of the tracks on the album. Motherfucker, the song Robbie wrote for his son Charlton. Whilst it's not as sweet as the song he wrote for Theodora, Go Gentle, I still think that it's a sweet song with a sweet message, even if the title deems it a bit inappropriate. The gentle melody is soothing and calming, whilst the lyrics come straight from Robbie's heart. My personal favourite line is 'We all believe, that you're gonna break the chain', a line that, to me, shows Robbie's belief in his son that he's not going to grow up to be the idiot that he was as a teenager. 

But all in all, I was pretty disappointed by The Heavy Entertainment Show, an album that I was really looking forward to. I wouldn't recommend going out and buying it, but feel free to check it out on Spotify, especially Motherfucker, Mixed Signals and I Don't Want To Hurt You. The three singles from the album aren't that bad, but I would give the rest of the album a miss if I were you. Sorry Robbie.



You Might Also Like

0 comments