5 Aims For 2017

16:00

It's that time of year again where Christmas is over and the New Year is yet to begin. No one is really sure what day it is and the only thing you really want to do is curl up and watch some feel good films and eat left over turkey sandwiches and Quality Streets. Well, that's what I want to do anyway. 
But before you know it, 2017 will be here and it will be back to the normal cycle, this little bubble of semi-permanent bliss and relaxation over for another year. So looking forward to next year, I have come up with my main 17 aims for the year.

Read More

I've always loved reading and with a bookshelf that is now bulging with books that I am yet to read and I know that it will make me a lot happier and a lot more peaceful with myself, probably. Whilst I write a lot, I don't read much which seems silly as by reading, my writing should become better. It's probably also why I did so bad in both of my English GCSEs.

Be Happier

Now this is a bit ironic for someone with depression to say but it's true. I just want to cheer up a bit and stop being such a miserable sod all the time. I think it's about time that I finally realise that I'm only going to live ones and I may as well make the most of it and not see the shitty side to things all the time. I've always been a firm believer in the 'thinking makes it so' logic that I learnt from Simon Amstell, so by me constantly thinking negatively, it's going to make my life worse. Positive thinking is the key to a positive life.

Go Out More

Yet another problem with having both depression and anxiety is my fear of going outside. Every time I go into town with a friend, or even with my mum, something always seems to go wrong, whether it's me not having enough change when I'm paying for something in a shop, or I manage to trip over something, every time something goes wrong it makes me want to leave the house even less. I might start walking or something; I live in such a beautiful part of the world and it seems a shame to not see it for all it's glory.

Work Out What I Want To Do With My Life

I'll be going to University in 2018. That's a pretty terrifying thought. But the only problem is that I have no clue as to what it is that I want to do. I've always loved writing and journalism has always been my ideal path but after starting my A-Levels and becoming a lot more interested in politics, I would love to work for the government, preferably GCHQ or MI6. I know that it's a big deal but if I suddenly disappear from social media in the next few years, you'll know which path I managed to stumble down.

Work Harder

The only reason why my GCSEs weren't what I wanted them to be was because I didn't work as hard as I could. If I work harder this year, I'll do well in my A-Levels and get a better degree in the long run. The more I learn now, the less I will have to work next year when it comes to my exams and I'm panicking because I can't remember everything. Working for just an extra hour a day is going to give me such a great advantage by the time the summer rolls around and I'm taking my AS exams which are vital for me to get back into sixth form. When I do finish school and go to work or university, I'll be working ten times harder than I am now and instead of having the shock of this sudden change, working harder now will lead to me being a lot calmer and more relaxed then.

Have you got any aims for 2017? Let me know in the comments down below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments